2019 GMC Canyon Towing Capacity
The 2019 GMC Canyon towing capacity is up to 7,700 pounds, depending on the engine option as well as the trailering technology you choose for your Canyon trim. Explore the engine options and towing capabilities of the GMC Canyon with Riverside Buick GMC today and get behind the wheel of your next GMC truck!
How Much Can the GMC Canyon Tow?
The towing capacity of the new GMC Canyon differs depending on the engine and trim level you choose. Whether you stick with the standard engine or upgrade to the most powerful engine, you’ll be impressed with how much you can bring along.
- Standard 2.5L 4-cylinder engine that exports 200 hp and 191 lb-ft of torque. With this engine, the Canyon can tow up to 3,500 pounds*.
- Available Duramax 2.8L turbo diesel engine that exports 181 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque. With this engine, the Canyon can tow up to 7,700 pounds*.
- Available 3.6L V6 engine that exports 308 hp and 275 lb-ft of torque. With this engine, the Canyon can tow up to 7,000 pounds*.
- StabiliTrak® with Traction Control – This system improves stability by detecting when traction is lost and working to reduce this to regain control.
- Trailer Sway and Hill Start Assist – Trailer Sway keeps your vehicle and trailer moving in the same direction while Hill Start Assist detects when the Canyon is on a 5% grade or more, holds the brakes momentarily, and helps prevent rollback.
- Available Automatic Rear Locking Differential – This system locks both rear wheels to help gain traction on gravel or more slippery surfaces.
- Duralife™ Brake Rotors – This Ferritic Nitro-Carbonizing technology strengthens your vehicle’s rotors, protects against corrosion, and can double the life of the rotors compared to conventional parts.
Test Drive the GMC Canyon at Riverside Buick GMC Today!
Once you’re ready to test these performance features for yourself, make your way from Canton to Riverside Buick GMC for a test drive. We also offer new vehicle specials to help you save on your favorite model. Learn more today! Contact Riverside Buick GMC, your local Buick, GMC dealer, with any questions in the meantime.
More From Riverside Buick GMC
The 2020 GMC Acadia boasts impressive detail and precise design within its interior. This mid-size, 7-seat SUV is available with options or accessories that’ll make you want to drive around Rome all day long. Learn more about the dynamic control features, roomy cargo area, and more the 2020 GMC Acadia interior has to offer you…
The 2019 GMC Yukon has a spacious and high-tech interior, strong towing capabilities, and plenty of configurations to choose from, giving Rome families a vehicle that provides everything they need and then some. Learn more about the GMC Yukon configurations at Riverside Buick GMC and drive off in your favorite. Learn MoreBrowse Inventory GMC Yukon Trim Levels Yukon…
The 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity reaches up to 12,200 pounds when properly equipped. Explore GMC Sierra towing capability at Riverside Buick GMC to find out how easy your towing tasks in Rome can be, then browse our inventory to find a new GMC Sierra 1500 for sale to improve your Canton drive! Learn More New Inventory How Much Can…
The 2019 GMC Acadia configurations include the SL, SLE, SLT, and Denali. The higher the trim levels, the more power, more upscale interior features, and more upgraded technology to keep your Rome commutes comfortable and fun. Most GMC Acadia trim levels are offered with a choice of front- or all-wheel drive, so you can choose the…
The 2019 GMC Canyon towing capacity is up to 7,700 pounds, depending on the engine option as well as the trailering technology you choose for your Canyon trim. Explore the engine options and towing capabilities of the GMC Canyon with Riverside Buick GMC today and get behind the wheel of your next GMC truck! Learn MoreView InventoryContact…