GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
The 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity reaches up to 12,200 pounds when properly equipped. Explore GMC Sierra towing capability at Riverside Buick GMC to find out how easy your towing tasks in Rome can be, then browse our inventory to find a new GMC Sierra 1500 for sale to improve your Canton drive!
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
The Sierra 1500 can handle up to 12,200 lbs with the Double Cab, 6.2L V8 engine and Max Trailering Package. This pickup truck has wide array of styles, features, and sizes that all affect its towing capability. Some of those choices include:
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Trim levels and accessories options
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
If you go for the Crew Cab style, the Sierra towing capabilities reach 6,500-12,100 pounds. If you choose a Double Cab GMC Sierra 1500 which has a smaller interior, you can tow 6,600-12,200 pounds.
ProGrade Trailering System
The available ProGrade Trailering System is intelligent towing technology that uses high-resolution cameras, your Sierra infotainment display, and integrated smartphone apps to make towing unbelievably easy in Acworth.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: Includes features like pre-departure checklists, programmable trailer brake settings, Trailer Theft Detection, and more.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Using the app you can now test your trailer lights even when you are by yourself.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: A dynamic grid line and zoom capability allow for precise hitching.
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Max Trailering Package: Tow even more weight with 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Trailering Camera Package: Two side view mirror cameras make changing lanes and reversing easier, and can be paired with a trailer-mounted camera for even more visibility.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: While reversing using Hitch View, the Electronic Parking Brake automatically sets when put the truck in Park to avoid roll.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Control buttons on the center console allow you to manipulate and monitor your trailer brakes.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: Adjusts the transmission shift points, throttle mapping, and StabiliTrak depending on which drive mode you select.
Find the Perfect Pickup at Riverside Buick GMC
Visit your Canton-area GMC dealer to learn more about the GMC Sierra maintenance schedule. Our staff can help you find your perfect truck that fits your budget and has the power for all your towing needs. Contact us for a test drive to today to experience the GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity in person or to compare this model to the competition such as the Ford F-150!
More From Riverside Buick GMC
The 2020 GMC Acadia boasts impressive detail and precise design within its interior. This mid-size, 7-seat SUV is available with options or accessories that’ll make you want to drive around Rome all day long. Learn more about the dynamic control features, roomy cargo area, and more the 2020 GMC Acadia interior has to offer you…
The 2019 GMC Yukon has a spacious and high-tech interior, strong towing capabilities, and plenty of configurations to choose from, giving Rome families a vehicle that provides everything they need and then some. Learn more about the GMC Yukon configurations at Riverside Buick GMC and drive off in your favorite. Learn MoreBrowse Inventory GMC Yukon Trim Levels Yukon…
The 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity reaches up to 12,200 pounds when properly equipped. Explore GMC Sierra towing capability at Riverside Buick GMC to find out how easy your towing tasks in Rome can be, then browse our inventory to find a new GMC Sierra 1500 for sale to improve your Canton drive! Learn More New Inventory How Much Can…
The 2019 GMC Acadia configurations include the SL, SLE, SLT, and Denali. The higher the trim levels, the more power, more upscale interior features, and more upgraded technology to keep your Rome commutes comfortable and fun. Most GMC Acadia trim levels are offered with a choice of front- or all-wheel drive, so you can choose the…
The 2019 GMC Canyon towing capacity is up to 7,700 pounds, depending on the engine option as well as the trailering technology you choose for your Canyon trim. Explore the engine options and towing capabilities of the GMC Canyon with Riverside Buick GMC today and get behind the wheel of your next GMC truck! Learn MoreView InventoryContact…