2022 GMC Yukon Towing Capacity
With the formidable presence of the 2022 GMC Yukon on Rome streets, there’s no doubt that it also brings powerful performance and towing power. But, how much can the GMC Yukon Tow? The GMC Yukon towing capacity reaches up to 8,400 pounds when properly equipped. Add in the premium features and comfortable amenities, and you’re ready for anything the day throws at you. Learn more about towing and configurations in the Yukon with Riverside Buick GMC below.
How Much Can the GMC Yukon Tow?
Whether you’re taking on the daily Acworth commute or hitting the road with the family, you’re supported by powerful V8 performance. Each model, except the high-tier Denali trim, is equipped with a standard 5.3L V8 EcoTec3 engine that generates 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque with a standard GMC Yukon towing capacity of up to 7,900 pounds. Those standard capabilities are strengthened by a standard trailering hitch that features a seven-wire harness with independent fused trailering circuits and a two-inch trailering receiver.
To reach how much the GMC Yukon can tow at its top capacity, you’ll need the available Heavy-Duty Trailering package, as well. The package includes:
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
- 3.42 Axle Ratio
- Two-Speed Active Transfer Case on 4WD Models Only
- Premium Smooth Ride Suspension with Rear Air Leveler
- Yukon Maximum Payload: 1,910 pounds
- Yukon Maximum Towing: Up to 8,400 pounds
- Yukon XL Maximum Towing: Up to8,300 pounds
GMC Yukon Towing Technology
As you can see, nothing is held back with the GMC Yukon performance and towing capabilities. That also means that you can have peace of mind during heavy-duty trips around Canton with intuitive towing features such as:
- Trailer Brake Control: Easy-to-access controls on the steering wheel allow you to configure the trailer’s braking system.
- Hill Start Assist: The Hill Start Assist system holds the brakes for you, giving you enough time to switch from the brake to the accelerator without rolling back.
- Hill Descent Control: At the push of a button, you can use anti-lock braking to control your descent while heading down steep declines.
- StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control: Keep your passengers safe and your trailer on the right path with the StabiliTraksensors that can detect trailer sway.
Hit the Streets in a Powerful GMC Yukon from Riverside Buick GMC!
See how the 2022 GMC Yukon towing capacity fits into your next family trip with Riverside Buick GMC. Contact us to test drive a Yukon model on Cartersville streets, and be sure to explore your customization options with genuine GMC accessories. When you’re ready to take a model home, the team in our finance center is ready to answer all your car buying questions.
More from Riverside Buick GMC
The full-sized 2022 GMC Yukon is capable of towing up to 8,400 pounds when full equipped. You can also rely on the GMC Yukon for excellent towing capabilities and high-level designs. If you are considering a Yukon SUV, you might want to consider learning about our specs below. Visit us at Riverside Buick GMC near Rome…
If you are looking for a vehicle to provide you with power and excellent driver assistance features in the Rome area, check out the new GMC Terrain. Whether you are looking for the Terrain SLE or the high-tech Denali model, you’d want to visit us at Riverside Buick GMC to buy a vehicle. Join us to…
The search for a high caliber full-sized SUV that can handle your Rome adventures is over thanks to our inventory of new GMC Acadias at Riverside Buick GMC. You’ll experience a powerful engine and cozy interior specs, but how much can the GMC Acadia tow? When properly equipped, the GMC Acadia can tow up to 4,000…