Explore Cartersville Culture at the Booth Western Art Museum
Whether you’re a native to the Cartersville area or you’re just passing through, there’s a lot of culture and history to explore. One great way to explore the Cartersville culture is at the Booth Western Art Museum. This 120,000-square-foot facility delivers America’s history and the local culture through a gallery of artwork, interactive children’s gallery, and more. In addition to the exhibits, the Booth Western Art Museum also hosts many events to bring more of the local history to life.
Exhibits and Galleries
If you’re more interested in the exhibits and galleries, there are plenty for you to see. Although exhibits are often changing, it’s a quick drive in from Rome to see the permanent collection.
- American West Gallery: Enjoy more than 100 western paintings and sculptures
- Carolyn and James Miller Presidential Gallery: Experience a unique collection of handwritten letters from each of the US Presidents
- Frank Harding Cowboy Gallery: 35 paintings and sculptures depict the everyday lives of cowboys and cowgirls
- Sagebrush Ranch: Take the kiddos to this interactive gallery that gives children 2-12 a hands-on experience
- Native Hands Gallery: Walk through more than 150 American Indian artifacts and get a sense of their culture
Aside from exhibits, the Booth Western Art Museum is also host to many numerous events. Close to Acworth and Canton, be sure to put the following events on your calendar to learn more about Cartersville culture while also supporting a good cause.
- Cowboy Festival: The Cowboy Festival is the largest Western themed event in the south. Thousands attend to see Native American dancing, concerts, gun fights, and more.
- Cowboy Gathering: This three-day event is packed with exhibits, lectures, music, poetry, and children’s activities
- Gala Weekend: Gala Weekend is a great way to get dressed up and support a good cause. During the gala, there will be auctions, dinner and cocktails, dancing, and so much more.
Find More Local Events at Riverside Buick GMC
When it comes to finding things to do around Canton, Riverside Buick GMC will give you some great suggestions. We’re committed to the local community and support other nonprofits, such as the Boys and Girls Club. Whether you want to know more about us or are looking for a new or pre-owned model to take you to all these great sights, contact us to schedule a visit. Be sure to check out some of the best restaurants in Rome, GA, especially after hiking the best trails in Rome!