How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
Whether you’re looking to make space in the driveway or you seek some extra cash in your pocket this year, bringing your vehicle to a dealership to sell or trade-in is an excellent way to achieve either or both! But how does selling your car to a dealership work? Riverside Buick GMC is here to answer that question and more. Keep reading to discover all you need to know about how to sell a car at a dealership like Riverside Buick GMC. Please be sure to contact us online or stop in at our Cartersville dealership if you have any questions about what you read here!
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Whether you’re trading in or just straight-up selling your vehicle to a dealership, the process is fairly the same on your end. In the spirit of simplicity, we’ve broken down the basics of how to sell a car at a dealership in the following list:
- First Impressions Matter. Clean Up Your Car! Giving your vehicle even just a quick wash and vacuum will put you ahead of the value game right off the bat. Getting it fully detailed will save the dealership money and can be used to negotiate a better sale price.
- Got Repairs? Get Those Documents! Prospective buyers, especially dealerships, love the prospect of buying a vehicle with a solid maintenance record. Having the documentation to back up things like regular oil changes and major repairs will go a long way for the value of your vehicle in the eyes of the dealership.
- Be Prepared. Have Your Car’s Title on Hand! Having your vehicle’s title on hand when you attempt to sell it will inevitably speed up the process once you and the dealership come to an agreement on price.
- Know Your Stuff! Research Your Car’s Value. If you’re familiar with our friendly and transparent style of business at Riverside Buick GMC, you already know that visiting our value your trade tool is a trustworthy source of a vehicle value estimate. If you’d like an outside opinion, however, look into Kelley Blue Book – a brand that has been around since 1926.
- Stop By Riverside Buick GMC! We’re looking to buy your vehicle! Make the short trip from Rome to our modern and clean showroom to complete a professional evaluation of your vehicle’s condition and value.
What To Expect Going In
At Riverside Buick GMC, we pride ourselves on providing Acworth area customers with top-tier customer service and transparent business practices. That way, you know that working with us on selling your vehicle will be the right way to go, time and time again. If you’re new to selling a car at a dealership, this is what to expect:
- Appointment Recommended, Friend! We work to meet appropriate staffing levels, so you should always be able to simply walk into our dealership and request to work with a used car associate. However, we can guarantee time and attention especially to those who plan ahead by making an appointment online or by calling ahead.
- Introducing Our Used Car Manager! In most cases, we’ll have you work directly with our used car intake manager, so you know the information and offers you receive are coming straight from the top – with the authority to make changes when available! Don’t worry, we only hire the best people to work with our valued customers and their cars.
- Let the Inspection Begin! Now that introductions have been made, it’s time for the used car manager to focus on their trained duty: visually inspecting your offered vehicle’s mechanical condition and overall state. Using what they find, an offer will begin to be made.
- Time to Consider Our Offer! After the inspection and a brief period of research, the used car manager will make an offer on your vehicle sale or trade-in! We strive to provide fair deals for all vehicles brought to us – and we’re confident you’ll like what we have to offer!
We Want to Buy Your Car!
Now that you’ve got an idea of how the process works, we’d love to have you and your vehicle over for an inspection and quick offer! Looking to apply your influx of cash to a down payment? Smart! Did you know we have a calculate your payment tool on our website? Use it and the other resources on our site to plan out your new vehicle adventure in Canton.
More from Riverside Buick GMC
The full-sized 2022 GMC Yukon is capable of towing up to 8,400 pounds when full equipped. You can also rely on the GMC Yukon for excellent towing capabilities and high-level designs. If you are considering a Yukon SUV, you might want to consider learning about our specs below. Visit us at Riverside Buick GMC near Rome…
If you are looking for a vehicle to provide you with power and excellent driver assistance features in the Rome area, check out the new GMC Terrain. Whether you are looking for the Terrain SLE or the high-tech Denali model, you’d want to visit us at Riverside Buick GMC to buy a vehicle. Join us to…
The search for a high caliber full-sized SUV that can handle your Rome adventures is over thanks to our inventory of new GMC Acadias at Riverside Buick GMC. You’ll experience a powerful engine and cozy interior specs, but how much can the GMC Acadia tow? When properly equipped, the GMC Acadia can tow up to 4,000…